It’s a good exercise that I ask my clients to take stock on what they are grateful for during the past year. The positive psychology gurus say that those people who focus on what they have, instead of what they don’t have, are the happiest people. Here is my gratitude list.
1. My family: My supportive and loving husband; my active, silly and inquisitive son who is now 4 and a half; my Mom who is always one step ahead of me and pushes me to think about what to do next.
2. My friends: Both my old, loyal friends and my new Mom friends and my business friends. I appreciate sharing a meal and experiences with them.
3. My cat: She reminds me to be present in the moment and is a calming influence in my life. We meditate together- Purrrrrr.
4. My impactful work: I am so fortunate to be able to participate in an incredible profession where we can change people’s lives for the better. I love witnessing the growth, learning and transformation of my clients.
5. My Health: This has been a challenging year to stay active because of a twisted ankle and a knee accident. I have a great team of health professionals that have brought me back and I am slowly getting my strength, tone and stamina back.
What are 5 things you are grateful for this year? How can a gratitude list help you stay focused on the good part of your life so you don’t get down on the personal challenges you may be facing right now.
I wish you a happy and healthy New Year.
PS. I’d love to see some of what you wrote on your gratitude list for this past year. Please post on our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/MotivatedtoMarry.com.