The end-of-the-year holidays are supposed to be some of the most joyous. We all look forward to spending time with friends and loved ones. However, when you’re single during the holidays, you might find yourself also wondering how on earth you’ll get through them!
Being solo during the holidays isn’t easy. Especially when you’re spending so much time with your coupled friends and family. They’re just another reminder of what you’re missing.
You can’t even turn on the TV to relax without seeing reminders of happy couples celebrating a holiday together and giving gifts to one another.
Yet here’s something I’ll bet you didn’t know. There are more single people these days than married. You aren’t alone! (Of course, not everyone is seriously searching for love like you are either.)
So just how can you make the most of the holidays? How can you actually have a wholly positive experience this year?
For you to do that, it takes planning and a willingness to do things that might be a bit out of your comfort zone.
Here are some of my suggestions if you’re single during the holidays:
- Find groups of singles that are getting together and participate in their activities. Many groups are now meeting in person as well as online.
- Host a party for your friends and have them invite someone of the opposite sex to expand your network.
- Try a speed dating event – you never know who you may meet.
- Plan a trip with a singles group so you’ll be with others in a place you’d like to explore. (Travel groups are planning trips with COVID-prevention safety measures.) Or plan a ski or golf trip.
- Do some self-care. Get a massage or have a spa day!
- Get online and see who you can meet. Get new pictures and revise your profiles (If you need help with this, let’s talk!) And get prepared for the BEST TIME online – after New Year’s Eve!
If you don’t have much family around, taking one or more of these suggestions will help you get out and meet people. And who knows who you’ll meet? Many of my successfully coupled clients found their true love in the last couple of months of the year.
So, now is a great time to connect with someone new.
In addition to expanding your network with other singles, be sure to surround yourself with those who love you – your family and friends – either virtually or in person. After all, isn’t that what the holidays are all about?
And if you want support around getting out there and expanding your network and dating, then my Motivated to Marry Community and I are here for you too. We’d love to have you join us. Visit https://motivatedtomarry.com/fbgroup to learn more.
You can truly enjoy the holidays this year as a single person in a coupled world!
Wishing you the best in life and love,
If you’re looking to meet quality people for dating leading to a committed relationship, I can help you with that. Book a Meet Your Mate strategy session with me at https://motivatedtomarry.com/connect-with-coach-amy/.