Here we are in the midst of the end of the year holiday season. The holiday season is fraught with high expectations of having happy holidays which is a tough time for most of my single clients. There are reminders everywhere on signage, TV, the web, and even radio of what could be.
How do you want the holidays to be for you? How do you create that for yourself? Here are some of my suggestions to make the most of the holidays as a single:
- Make plans to do something that is fun for you!
- Tell Aunt Mary all the great things you can do because you are single.
- Surround yourself with people who love and appreciate you (family and/or friends)
- Plan some down time for you to read, catch up with paperwork and just rest.
- Keep yourself busy by working extra hours and earning extra money!
I’d love to hear what your ideas to having a happy holiday season this year as a single!
Be it Chanukah, Christmas, Kwanza, or any other holiday celebrated this time of year, I wish you the best for a happy holiday season and for the coming year.